St. Vincent Hospital Foundation Director - Full-Time w/Benefits
St. Vincent Hospital, located in Leadville, Colorado, is seeking a full-time St. Vincent Hospital Foundation Director.
Mission: Through service, outreach, and development, St. Vincent Hospital Foundation promotes and sustains the highest level of healthcare for Lake County and our community by supporting the programs and services of St. Vincent Health.
Summary: The Director of this 501(c)3 organization supports the mission, fundraising and work of the SVH Foundation Board of Directors and develops/manages a volunteer auxiliary to serve St. Vincent Health.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
Minimum Work Experience: 3-5 years of nonprofit relationship management experience, capital campaign/development and volunteer coordination experience preferred. Public relations and marketing experience a plus.
Skills: Microsoft applications. Social/Digital Media skills. QuickBooks and eTapestry or donor management software and grant writing.
Status: Hourly - 36-40 hours per week
Starting Salary Range: $31.00-$37.00 per hour
Reports to: CEO – Chief Executive Officer
The St. Vincent Hospital Foundation (SVHF) Director will have an in-depth understanding of the mission and vision of St. Vincent Health and SVHF's role in supporting that mission and vision through philanthropic support for current and future needs. Reporting directly to SVH’s Chief Executive Officer and SVHF Board of Directors, the SVHF Director will be responsible for building excitement around priority needs and engaging with key stakeholders and current and potential donors. Responsible for managing: campaign solicitation phases; campaign volunteers; timelines; budgets; communication plans; front-line development staff, and tracking progress towards goals.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward relationships with prospective and current donors with an end-goal of expanding the donor base, both in terms of raising sights of current donors, and acquiring new donors; with SVHF Board of Directors, develop strategic goals around donor and key stakeholder interactions that advance progress.
- Develop and manage current and prospective donors; create and establish donor growth plans and strategies; maximize technology to streamline research efforts; prepare donor profiles; apply analytical thinking to prioritize outreach efforts.
- Manage and cultivate volunteer auxiliary to serve daily functions at St. Vincent Health and also participate in special events and fundraising.
- Support Chief Branding Officer (CBO) with planning and orchestrating community outreach initiatives. And by serving as the secondary Public Information Officer and Patient Advocate for St. Vincent Health
- Support fundraising efforts with grant research and writing.
- Partner with SVH CEO, CFO and CBO to ensure key stakeholders are well informed of progress, next steps and needed resources; develop internal and external communication plans that align with other marketing efforts that build excitement around the case for support; seek opportunities to educate staff and the community about our not-for-profit hospital and foundation and the continued need for philanthropic support.
- Evaluate current campaign, research and add new initiatives such as estate planning and grateful patient donor programs. Build a monthly and annual pledge program.
- Devise and manage logistics for donor and special events, seek opportunities to present the case for support publicly.
- With Board Chairman, plan and distribute the agenda for monthly board meetings; communicate with board and supply board packet in advance of meetings. Organize and attend all board meetings; ensure proper record retention for all board correspondence.
- Work with SVHF Board Treasurer for monthly checkbook reconciliation, and tax accountant for annual tax filing. Manage all annual filings required for Colorado and other states where registration is required; work with treasurer to provide the data requested for preparation of the Foundation's 990; ensure all required registrations and tax forms are up to date; ensure extensions are filed if required.
- Working with SVH CEO, CFO and CBO to update annual fundraising goals and capital budgets; set specific annual goals for both dollars raised. Create a process for tracking and report progress.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to manage a team, timelines and deadlines required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills required.
- Ability to communicate a compelling case for support required.
- 3-5 years of relationship management experience, capital campaign/development experience preferred. Fundraising event management
- Proven track record of success in bringing efforts to a successful conclusion. Education/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or 3-5 years related experience required.
- A cover letter stating your interest in the position, as well as why you feel your qualifications align with this position; along with your resume are both required upon applying.
When you join the St. Vincent team you join a tight-knit family who understands the importance of rural health care. From our emergency room team to environmental services, we work together to bring excellence in healthcare to our community and visitors.
Why Leadville? Combine small-town mountain life and world-class outdoor recreation, with the convenience that proximity to larger towns offers and you have a glimpse of daily life in Lake County, Colorado.
Located only 1 hour and 45 minutes from Denver, and a short distance south of Interstate-70 on Hwy. 91 (from Copper Mountain) or Hwy. 24 (from Vail), Leadville is within an easy drive of many of Colorado’s world-class ski resorts.
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Participation in 403(b)
- Paid Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Sick-Time Bank
- Reach Air Ambulance membership
- Retirement Plans
- Direct Deposit
- Jury Duty
- Shift or Premium Pay Differentials
St. Vincent General Hospital District continues to look for dedicated professionals to share in our commitment to caring and serving our rural community. We are an equal opportunity provider and employer. The Hospital is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity.